An embedded software engineer, you will be responsible for writing device drivers for both Linux and bare metal applications which are running on our Custom Silicon.
- Architect and design Linux Device Drivers
- Board bring up and test of embedded platforms
- Develop or customize board support packages (BSP) for our hardware to provide the required functionality
- Write device drivers for bootloaders and the Linux kernel
- Design and implement software for embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Be an active participant in software architecture discussions
Key Performance Measures
- Solid knowledge of processor architecture, operating system concepts, and modern software development processes and best practices
- Proficient in C/C++ programming, and know how to use embedded development tools e.g.
- Trace32/J-Link/OpenOCD based JTAG debuggers.
- Must have good knowledge of System software, Microprocessors/Microcontrollers, Memory subsystem, Hardware IPs
- Must have experience to develop and debug linux device drivers
- Experience with Linux kernel programming and OS internals
- Work experience on ARM Cortex platforms (M0/M3/M4/ A7/A9/A53 etc.)/ MIPS/RISC-V cpus
- Familiar with the common SoC peripheral drivers, such as UART, I2C, SPI, USB, SDIO, Ethernet, PCIe MIPI, Display Port, etc.
- Proven experience in BSP, bootloader development
- Strong ability to analyze, locate, solve problems, with teamwork and self-drive awareness
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools e.g. git , defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Increase efficiency through automation and application of appropriate scripting, tools, and innovation
- Sense of ownership of complete module/task
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- ~10 years relevant working experience
- Contribution on Open Source community
- Knowledge of HW – RTL(Verilog)
- Customer Support Experience
Founded in Seoul in 2018, SEMIFIVE is basing its foundation on Korea’s semiconductor design competency that was amassed for more than 20 years. With expertise in front-end to back-end design, SEMIFIVE has become the fastest-growing silicon design company that offers the most comprehensive design solutions. SEMIFIVE’s core business is its innovative Platform SoC that enables low-cost & high-efficiency SoC design, and also provides various design solutions for global customers through its diverse network. As the cost of developing an SoC and the demand for customized silicon continue to grow rapidly, SEMIFIVE’s Platform SoC will play a key role in turning innovative ideas into silicon.
SEMIFIVE, hand in hand with global innovation leaders, is growing as a leading partner for future SoC designs, and thereby becoming: The New Global Hub of Custom Silicon.