As a Verification Engineer on the Logic Design team, you will participate in the definition, implementation, and execution of our verification strategy, as well as being a key participant in the analysis of our IP/SoC verification quality of results.
This position is a highly visible role, the simple purpose of which is to ensure the silicon works.
By its design philosophy, RISC-V is highly configurable, and we have several different configurations in our design pipeline, with various combinations of supported instruction set and with various peripherals and bus interconnect architectures. Implementing design verification methodologies that can accommodate such variation is a challenging task, to be addressed in this role.
- Understand the design/arch requirements and create/modify test plan
- Create test suites (SV/UVM, C, etc, as needed) and test benches
- Collaborate closely with the design team to address any design errors
- Perform initial debug of test failures to identify design errors
- Analyse test results (logs, waveforms) and report the observations in case of issues.
- Identify functional cover points and assertions, write test cases/sequences to cover them
- Regress and triage the test cases
- Improve the quality of verification, identify coverage holes, adjust randomization, write new test cases to improve coverage
- Automate verification environment to handle multiple design configurations
- Report verification metrics/status as defined by verification lead/manager
- Review and sign-off verification for tape-out
- Good understanding of SoC Architectures
- Test case, assertions and functional coverage planning
- Experience of writing test cases with C, SV/UVM
- Design and development of test bench components (checkers, scoreboard) /test benches using HVLs like System Verilog, specman-e etc from scratch
- Good experience in Functional coverage, assertions coding
- Good experience in code and functional coverage closure
- Excellent programming and Strong debugging skills
- Good knowledge and experience in AMBA ACE, AXI, AHB, APB protocols
- Experience in PCIe 4/5, LPDDR 4/5, GDDR6, SD/eMMC, GBE and other high-speed peripherals
- Experience in CPU/BFM(VIP) based verification
- Experience in boot, reset, clocking, debug and Low power verification
- Experience in performance verification
- Good understanding and experience with Scripting languages like Perl, python, make, wake
- Good experience with EDA simulation and waveform viewer tools
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Orientation towards Innovation
- Good time management and result orientation
- BE/ B. Tech/ ME/ M. Tech or equivalent in ECE/ EEE/CSE
Founded in Seoul in 2018, SEMIFIVE is basing its foundation on Korea's semiconductor design competency that was amassed for more than 20 years. With expertise in front-end to back-end design, SEMIFIVE has become the fastest-growing silicon design company that offers the most comprehensive design solutions. SEMIFIVE's core business is its innovative Platform SoC that enables low-cost & high-efficiency SoC design, and also provides various design solutions for global customers through its diverse network. As the cost of developing an SoC and the demand for customized silicon continue to grow rapidly, SEMIFIVE's Platform SoC will play a key role in turning innovative ideas into silicon.
SEMIFIVE, hand in hand with global innovation leaders, is growing as a leading partner for future SoC designs, and thereby becoming: The New Global Hub of Custom Silicon.